Even if you only subscribed to YouTube Premium for a temporary promotion or because it seemed like a good deal, canceling your subscription is easy. Here’s how to cancel YouTube Premium from the website and the mobile app.
If you subscribe via iTunes, you’ll need to unsubscribe using the App Store app on your iPhone.
How to Cancel a YouTube Premium Account in a Browser
1. Open a web browser and go to YouTube.
2. Click the upper right corner of your screen and select “Paid memberships.”
3. You should see “YouTube Premium” as a paid membership. Click “Cancel Membership.”
4. Confirm that you want to cancel by clicking “Yes” when prompted.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on Your Mobile Device
1. Open the YouTube app.
2. In the upper right corner, tap your avatar, then “Paid memberships.”
3. Tap “Manage” in the YouTube Premium area.
After the membership page has opened in your browser, tap “Cancel Membership.” To confirm you want to do this, tap “Yes.”
How to Remove YouTube Premium from the iPhone App Store
If you initially subscribed to YouTube Premium through iTunes when the service was called YouTube Red (you can no longer do so, therefore this only affects a tiny number of long-time YouTube Premium members), you must uninstall it from your iPad using the App Store.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. In the upper right corner, select your avatar.
3. Select “Manage Subscriptions” from the drop-down menu that appears after you tap your avatar.
4. Select “YouTube Premium.”
5. After that, tap “Cancel Subscription.” To finish the process, press “Confirm.”