This is a common question that people ask when they look for 3rd party apps that are not already installed on their Samsung smart tv. 3rd party apps are 3rd party applications that are made to work with your device, but the catch here is that 3rd party application developers have to test them before releasing them so that they can make sure they will run properly on your device. 3rd party apps will only install if you have a similar model or series of your TV. The installation process of 3rd party applications also varies depending on whether you have an Android TV or Tizen OS smart tv because both these operating systems require different methods to install 3rd party apps.
In this article, we’ll show you how to install third-party applications for Samsung TVs.
Things you need to know before installing 3rd party apps on Samsung smart TV
Is there a Google Play app on Samsung TV?
The App Store is one of the most coveted features on any smart TV. Samsung TVs do not run Android because of a proprietary operating system instead, they utilize their OS. As a result, Google’s Play Store isn’t available on Samsung TVs. However, Samsung offers its app shop.
Where is App Store on Samsung TV?
Go to the Samsung App Store and search for it. Select the recommended applications from the secondary menu, then select the app icon to access the App Store.
Is it possible to install Android apps on a Samsung Smart TV?
Remember that Samsung televisions are not compatible with Android, so you won’t be able to install Android APK on one. However, there are other approaches to do so. (For example, you may use an emulator.) So I’ll show you how to put Android APK on your Samsung TV below.
Prepare before adding 3rd party apps
There’s a procedure for adding third-party apps to your Samsung TV, and in addition to you going to the Samsung app store and adding applications, knowing how to add third-party apps will come in useful.
To install third-party applications on your TV, you’ll need a Pen Drive and a computer. You must also link the computer and TV to the same network. Then, after that is completed, follow the steps below to customize any settings that are relevant to you.
Enabling the installation from Unknown Sources
- First, turn on your Samsung TV.
- Go to the Settings menu on your TV.
- Select Personal TAb and check the security options.
- Turn on Allow Unknown Sources.
Enabling the Developer Mode
On your TV, Developer Mode is a setting for testing new applications. It isn’t utilized by typical users. However, third-party applications can be installed using this feature.
- Turn on your Samsung television.
- Go to Settings and turn on Smarthub.
- Select App selection
- When you select the application panel, you’ll be prompted to input your Pin. You may use the remote’s default code of 12345 to do so.
- You’ve opened the Developer Mode window, and it’s time to switch it on.
- Then, while the operating system is booting up, you will be prompted to input your IP address to connect to your computer and accept it.
- Finally, turn the TV off and back on.
You’ve completed configuring the parameters for third-party applications installation now. You must utilize a variety of techniques to install apps these days. To that end, you utilized external and internal methods. We’ll go over them in detail below.
How to install apps on Samsung smart TV?
Using APK file
To complete our guide, we’ll now move on to the main topic. If you’ve already completed some of the steps in this tutorial, you may install apps in a variety of ways. We’ll start by looking at how to install programs using an Apk file.
- On your Samsung TV, open a web browser.
- Now go to a website where you may download the Apk
- You can now find the app you’re looking for on that website and download the APK file.
- Select the downloaded apk file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Using External Storage Devices
You’ll need a computer to do this. To download the file for the computer, you’ll need to connect it to your device through a USB connection. You must download and install the required APK file from your device’s storage.
- Download and save the file you want to a USB drive.
- Insert the USB into the TV.
- Go to the USB Drive on your TV and select the correct APK file.
- Then, when you’re ready to install it, click Install. The installation will begin.
How To Uninstall Apps On A Samsung Smart TV?
We understand that Samsung smart TVs are of high quality and ideal for viewing material. As a result, there are more applications to view content on these TVs, but they do not have enough storage capacity to contain them all. So we must maintain the required applications while getting rid of the undesirable ones.
Removing apps that are installed on a smart TV is not that difficult. It is quite simple to do so. To get to the home screen, first remotely press the Home button.
- Open the Settings on your TV.
- Select Device care at the bottom of the support tab.
- Now the TV will begin scanning and selecting manage storage options.
- Select the application and press DELETE.
- Select “OK” and confirm