Spotify, the music and podcast streaming application, allows the language choice to be changed only on the Desktop. On smartphones and tablets, the configuration of the app follows the same as the operating system, so it is necessary to configure it. If you need to make this change for some reason, check out how to change Spotify’s language below.
How to change Spotify’s language
On the desktop
It is possible to change the Spotify language directly through the program, following the steps below:
- Open Spotify Desktop;
- In the upper right corner, the arrow next to your name, click the profile menu.
- Select “Preferences”;
- In “Languages”, just select the language you want
- Log out of Spotify and log in again;
Your Spotify Desktop will have the updated language.
Next is how to change the language on your smartphone. The Spotify app does not allow you to change this option directly. You need to configure the operating system change for the application to keep up.
Please follow the below steps to change the language on your android system.:
- Tap on “Settings”;
- Tap “General Management”;
- Select the option “Language and input”;
- Tap “Language”;
- Add the desired language and select;
The selected option will apply across Android and Spotify.
To change the language on iPhone or iPad, follow the instructions:
- Tap on “Adjustments”;
- Select “General”;
- Tap “Language and region”;
- Select “iPhone (or iPad) language;
- Select language and confirm.
This change will reset the device and after that, Spotify will be configured in the chosen language.
It is important to note that even if your PC operating system is in Portuguese, Spotify may be downloaded in English. If this happens and you have difficulty finding the options to change the language, follow the steps I showed above, based on the images.